Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for February 2017. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our 2017 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are CASE’ing a project shown in a current Stampin’ Up! catalog. After all, with the Annual, Occasions and Sale-a-Bration catalogs available right now, there is much inspiration from which to choose. We hope you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
My kids are ages 16-26, no one is married and I have no grand kids. In spite of that, these adorable monsters jumped off the page and begged me to buy them. I resisted and borrowed the set from a friend. I had so much fun casing the catalog on page 16 of the 2017 Occasions Stampin’ Up! catalog, I ended up ordering them! I think you should order them too! 🙂
Above is the picture from the catalog.
This project uses Tasty Treats Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP). The monster is colored with Pool Party ink and a blender pen. The paws, horns and hat are Pear Pizzazz. His teeth, star on the hat and M&M’s are Crushed Curry. In the catalog the entire bag was made with the DSP. Because I’m thrifty, my bag has DSP only on the front and uses a white lunch sack that I cut down to size. The back of my bag is covered with Pool Party cardstock. I can make two bags from each sheet of DSP. In the catalog I believe they used a window sheet and White Craft Stampin’ Ink. I didn’t have the White ink, so I decided my monster would have a retired treat cup for his tummy. I had so much fun figuring out how to make this adorable Monster Bag. I’ll write a tutorial if you’re interested in specific directions.
On the Hugs tag I used different ribbon, but otherwise it’s pretty much the same as the catalog sample. The cardstock is Pink Pirouette and the ink is Melon Mambo. The Scalloped Tag Topper punch used on this tag is a must have punch! The only punches I use more are Circle punches.
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
- Mary at Stampin’ Pretty
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Michelle Quinno at Shell Stamps
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Susan Itell at simplestampin.com
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Karen Gooch at Inker’s Workshop
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps.com
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme