Nobody loves hot chocolate more than my sweet Abby. When I saw this Hug in a Mug stamp set in the Holiday catalog, I knew I needed to get it and make some Abby cards. This is my clean and simple version for Splitcoast Creative Crew.
Isn’t this a darling stamp set?!
For this stepped up version, I heat embossed the sentiment with Clear embossing powder. Did you know you can heat emboss in any color? With your stamp, first put it on your Versamark pad and then into your ink color of choice. Sprinkle with Clear embossing powder, and heat emboss. I love being able to heat emboss in all colors. Make sure you use the Embossing Buddy so you don’t get stray marks embossed on your project. Let me know if you have any questions.
I also added a Bermuda Bay stripe ( because it’s my favorite color), popped up the red hearts on dimensionals and used Embossing Paste for the whipped cream on top of the hot chocolate. I was pretty excited to have an original thought (the embossing paste whipped cream) that wasn’t CASED from anyone. 🙂
|CCREW1017SIP Creative Crew,SUO|
|Stamps: Hug in a Mug|
|Paper: Bermuda Bay, Real Red, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake|
|Ink: Bermuda Bay, Early Espresso, VersaMark|
|Accessories: Embossing Paste|
|Techniques: heat embossing|
Here’s a fun Stampin’ Up! card.
It’s time for my second one on one card swap.
- Please mail me a handmade Holiday card (a standard, full-sized 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ card) by Saturday, Nov 4. Please don’t stress about this. Make a cute card and put it in the mail!
My address is Beth McCullough 843 26th St. West Des Moines, IA 50265
- Please use products from the current Stampin’ Up! catalogs if possible. If people want to recreate your card, I want them to be able to easily acquire the products they need.
- Please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope (just fold one in half and include it with your card) so that I can send your swap back to you.
- Please don’t write on the inside of your card so that the recipient can use it if they choose to. I will gather the cards I receive and mail them out so that everyone who sends me a card will receive a card in return.
- Feel free to add a note that I will send on to the recipient.
- I will take pictures of the swaps and share them here on my blog.
The first awesome swap arrived on Saturday.Thanks Toni, I love it! Please don’t forget to get yours in the mail!
Here’s a fun video showing the Designer Series Paper in the annual catalog.
Designer Series Paper Sale Share — Since Stampin’ Up! is having a Buy 3 Get 1 Free Sale I’m passing the savings on to you. $34 includes shipping. If you can pick up at my house, the share is $27. This is the least expensive way ever to get current beautiful Stampin’ Up DSP! Please email me at Beth@StampingMom.com
- 6- 6 x 12 sheets of Just Add Color Specialty DSP
- 6– 6 x 12 sheets of Delightful Daisy DSP
- 6– 6 x 12 sheets of Birthday Memories DSP
- 6– 6 x 12 sheets of Be Merry DSP
- 6– 6 x 12 sheets of Pick a Pattern DSP
- 6– 6 x 12 sheets of Coffee Break DSP
- 6– 6 x 12 sheets of Naturally Eclectic DSP
- 6– 6 x 12 sheets of Whole Lot of Lovely DSP
- 12- 6 x 6 sheets of Petal Gaden DSP Stack
- 12– 6 x 6 sheets of Color Theory DSP Stack
- 12- 6 x 6 sheets of Wood Textures DSP Stack
- 6- 6 x 12 sheets of Christmas Around the World DSP
- 6- 6 x 12 sheets of Painted Autumn DSP
You can also pick 3 whole packages and get one free!
Keegan had a Heartland Youth Choir (HYC) concert this afternoon and they ended the concert with May the Lord Bless You and Keep You. It’s my favorite HYC song but it always make me cry.